YOUR GUIDE TO BUILDING A NEW HOME
What you need to know before building your forever home
We know that building a new home can feel daunting. And we understand that you have a lot of questions about the budgeting, design and building process. We’re here to help answer the common questions you have and to assure you that we are here every step of the way to keep you informed and comfortable.
SELECTING THE RIGHT HOME BUILDER
Selecting the right home builder that will be responsible for building your new, custom home or detached structure is a big decision. This decision could mean the difference between confusion and headaches during the building process; or could bring comfort and feelings of empowerment and inclusion. You know what you want in your forever home, and you need a builder that understands that.
WHAT QUESTIONS TO ASK YOUR POTENTIAL BUILDER
Below is a list of the most important items you should consider before selecting a builder. Checking all of these boxes ensures a healthy and satisfying client-builder relationship.
- Where does your company build?
- Are they willing to build on a lot you own?
- Are they able to build in a subdivision or the subdivision you want to live in?
At Modern Structure, we are well prepared to build on any lot you own. In fact, we prefer it. We are currently building custom homes and detached structures in the Evansville, Indiana area.
- Can I view your portfolio of previous builds?
- Having the opportunity to view past builds will help you determine if the builder’s overall style and quality aligns with your vision.
We are happy to share photos of past builds with you! We are proud of the high quality work we do.
- Are you a licensed and insured builder?
- Never sign a contract with a builder that is not licensed and insured.
Modern Structure is licensed to build in Vanderburgh County and we carry full liability and builder risk insurance. We are also members of the Southwestern Indiana Builders Association, an organization reserved for the most reputable building companies in our region.
- How many years have you been in business?
- Building a custom home has its challenges. When you’re looking to build the home you’ll spend the best years of your life in, you need a builder that has plenty of experience in the field.
Mark Mayfield, Owner and President of Modern Structure brings 20 plus years of experience to the table. You can rest assured that you’ll be well taken care of, and your needs will be met.
- How will we communicate during the building process?
- It’s important that the lines of communication stay open between client and builder.
At Modern Structure; we put our customers first. Communication between us will always be open and honest from initial contact to your move-in day. You will never be left to wonder what the status of your build is, what design options are available to you or how your budget is being spent.
HOW MUCH SHOULD YOU BUDGET FOR YOUR FOREVER HOME?
As you know, budgeting for a new home build has many factors. Part of our initial building consultation includes assistance with setting your budget, based on your needs and your “must haves”. Prior to attending our initial consultation, we prefer that you have an idea of what your budget range is and have already spoken with your financial institution regarding the pre-approval of a home loan or cash purchase. Having this set in place prior to our first meeting will help us move forward with the design process in a more efficient manner.
WHAT IS IT LIKE TO BUILD WITH MODERN STRUCTURE?
Mark Mayfield, President of Modern Structure, is truly dedicated to you from day one. Building with Modern Structure means that you get to take advantage of Mark’s 20+ years of experience in the homebuilding, multi-family and heavy industrial industries.
CONSTANT, HONEST COMMUNICATION
From our initial contact with you, to designing the floorplan, to completion of your new home; we put you first by keeping the doors open for communication. We pride ourselves on building relationships and building beautiful, custom homes. The building process can be stressful. We aim to remove that by keeping you included in the process. Our #1 goal is to complete your build on time, within your budget, and to make you feel comfortable the entire time.
MODERN HOMES THAT STAND OUT FROM THE REST
Our expertise is in modern home construction; building structures using clean lines, natural, earthy colors and simple design. It’s your home; you have the option to pick out your own fixtures, with our expert assistance. We design completely custom homes that suit your specific lifestyle. You’re unique, unlike anyone else. You deserve “A Modern Home for A Modern Lifestyle“.
HOMES BUILT SUSTAINABLY
Equally as important as our relationship with you; is our dedication to sustainable building. What does this mean to you? It means that your forever home will be built in a way that decreases negative impacts on the environment. This is done by increasing the efficiency of resources like water, energy and materials. In addition; we focus on:
- Protecting the health of you and your family
- Improving employee productivity
- Reducing waste, pollution and environmental deterioration
WHAT ELSE YOU SHOULD HAVE IN PLACE BEFORE MEETING WITH A HOMEBUILDER?
In addition to financing and a basic idea of your budget; there are a few more things you should think about before meeting with your home builder for that first consultation.
- Think about what size home you are dreaming of. This includes room count, square footage and functional space. What do you need your home to do for you?
- Know what your timeline for completion is. Do you need to be moved in 8 months, 1 year or more?
- Where do you want to build your forever home? Do you own a lot? Do you have your eyes on a piece of land? We can help!
ARE YOU READY TO TALK WITH US ABOUT YOUR NEW CUSTOM HOME?
We are ready to hear from you! We offer free building consultations that include budget planning, design assistance, exploration of building materials and products, assistance with finding a lot and more. At this initial meeting; our #1 goal is to get to know you. From this comes gorgeous, stylish homes to last & love forever.